Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cold is for the Birds


Cold is for the birds ... and for those who need a challenge.  I'm reading Theodore Roosevelt's biography and he loved to stalk wildlife and KILL IT !  Like Teddy, I love to stalk wildlife, too, but only for the thrill of the capture ... on "film" ... with a lens someone gave me a long time ago when I didn't know what the heck it was.  It's a mirror lens, not built for a digital camera but it works with a digital camera, nothing automatic about it and it mimics having a long, long, long telephoto lens though that's not what it is.  These were my first attempts to use it - couldn't wait for the near-60 deg heat wave we'll have  tomorrow, Monday, the 4th.  Might set up a chair on the bluebird trail and see what I can "catch".  What's the bird in the bottom pic?

2 comments:

VickiBed41 said...

The little bird with all the streaking is a yellow-rumped warbler. If he was facing you, you would see the yellow. He is also known as a "butter butt". I've seen lots of yellow-rumps in the trees behind the birdbath.

Pack-rat said...

These are adorable....Butter butt makes me giggle!