Thursday, August 8, 2013

Now you see them, now you don't

The sunflower border is looking gorgeous these days! My vision of what I wanted to achieve actually worked. Woo hoo!
 
What I had NOT anticipated was those darned 4 legged tree rats with bushy tails (squirrels)discovering the ripening sunflower seeds in the more mature heads and climbing the plants to eat the heads. Boo hiss! Be sure and admire them before the squirrels do them in.
 
We have quite a few different varieties of sunflower cultivars which  have been lots of fun watching flower. By the way, the view from outside the fence is quite a bit different from the inside of the fence.

Watch me disappear.....


 

because now I've been eaten.



Eaten, broken off and left crushed on the ground.

1 comment:

Pack-rat said...

I never thought the squirrels would do this much damage in the garden. I think I need to strap them on the roof racks and take them for a spin down Dallas Highway! They almost seem like they are getting less fearful of us as they don't run off as quickly. You have to admit though, they are quite cute!