Saturday, June 21, 2014

Easy Strawberry Ice Cream

For the Ice Cream Social today, I made ice cream using strawberries I picked when I went to the Lcclstrawberry Farm in Rome with Mike last month.  This is a really easy ice cream recipe if you want to make a quick, no cook, egg free ice cream.

1 1/2 pints (3 cups) half and half

16 ounces of Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 1/2 to 2 cups strawberries, pureed or mashed (they can be fresh or frozen as long as they are in small bits)

1 Tablespoon Vanilla

Combine all ingredients and mix well.

Pour into ice cream canister and freeze according to your ice cream maker's directions.

Makes 1/2 gallon

To Make Vanilla instead of Strawberry:
Omit Strawberries
Increase half and half to 2 pints (4 cups)

3 comments:

Pack-rat said...

Uh, and why wasn't I invited to pick strawberries?

VickiBed41 said...

It was in the morning and you were working...as usual

Pack-rat said...

I guess I have to give you guys a hall pass then, grin!