Thursday, November 8, 2012

Frost & Temperature Warning

Hey everyone!

They say the temperature is going to go down to 28 tonight (Thursday Nov 9). If you still have anything tender you might want to try covering it up. When I checked the hourly temperatures on the Weather Channel website, it said it was going to hit 32 at 4 am and not go above freezing again until 8 am Friday morning.  Even 4 hours will do a lot of damage to tender, cold sensitive plants. I'd better dash up to the garden and put a 2nd layer on my bed.

    Vicki

4 comments:

Pack-rat said...

Thanks for the heads up!

VickiBed41 said...

The Weather Channel has a FREEZE warning posted to occur between 2 am and 9 am. This morning they said a low of 28 now they say a low of 34. But it does show very minimal winds so we shall see what it does. I can't decide whether I should put a 2nd layer of frost cloth on or not. I may just chance it. We'll see.

Pack-rat said...

Thanks for helping me get covered. I will sleep better knowing my peas are warm.....LOL!

VickiBed41 said...

No problemo....I learned a lot about the differences in row cover thickness. Now I am lusting after thicker fabric so I only have to put one piece out if it is really cold.